The mill during the flood of 1948. Note the boom chain which guided logs into the mill pond, and the track leading to the old shipping area from a new direction; the trestle access had been removed once CPR determined the bridge could take the strain of shunting trains. The building in the foreground which is closest to the bridge housed the administrative offices; behind it is the dark warehouse. Strung along the river are the staff houses, followed by the flooded rectangular repair shop. John Waldie, being a bachelor, occupied the smaller house behind the shop. The cookhouse is gone, but the single-men's cabins are still tossing on the waves, followed by the horse barn. The main sawmill buildings were high enough to escape most of the damage, except the power house which was built at a lower elevation.


You are visitor 1034799.

All content and images unless otherwise stated are Copyright © 2005-2019 by Walter Volovsek
All rights reserved. Information is provided for personal use only. Use in any other application without permission is forbidden.